Since this is the first edition, we'll include some stories from earlier in April to get caught up.
- Shure launched their AONIC series of wireless and true wireless products. The AONIC 215 ($279) are a true wireless version of their SE215. The AONIC 50 ($399) are over-ear wireless noise-canceling headphones. Saving the best for last, Shure's true wireless Secure Fit Adapter used in the AONIC 215 can be purchased separately ($229) and is compatible with all Shure in-ear headphones.
- Final Audio is releasing the EVA 2020 x final complete wireless earphone, a collaboration themed after Evangelion, an ongoing Japanese sci-fi animated series. The notifications in the headphones are voiced by Maya Ibuki, one of the characters in the series. It is available for pre-order in Japan starting today for $185.
- Final Audio's budget E500 IEM is available for a limited time in the US on Drop for $21. Also available in other countries for a limited time.
- Sony released the the budget-conscious WF-XB700 true wireless earbuds ($130) and WH-CH710N wireless over-ear noise-canceling headphones ($200). Available in black, blue, and, for the over-ears, white.
- Audio-Technica's ATH-ANC300TW true wireless noise-canceling earbuds which were announced back in January are now available. They are priced at $229 which puts them in competition with Apple's AirPod Pros among others.
- Samsung-owned AKG released the N400 true wireless earbuds. Reportedly, they are basically upgraded Galaxy Buds+. Not yet available in the US.
- The HiFiMan DEVA are now available for $299. I tried these at CanJam 2020 and they were a highlight of the show for me. The black dongle is the Bluetooth adapter which is removable and exposes the 3.5mm audio input.
- Rumors are going around that two new Apple headphones will arrive by the end of 2020. First is a set of modular over-ear headphones code named AirPods X. The second is a set of fitness-focused wireless in-ears similar to the BeatsX.
- Comply is releasing ear tips for the AirPods Pro. They will be available for pre-order on Monday. Sign up for a notification when the pre-sale starts. Note: Dekoni Audio already has theirs available.
- Steelseries released Cyberpunk 2077-themed versions of it's Arctis 1 Wireless gaming headset. You can also buy Booster Packs to cyber-ize the looks of your existing Steelseries Arctis Pro headset.
- OnePlus launched the Bullets Wireless Z in-ears alongside the OnePlus 8 smartphone
- Razer released Pikachu-themed earbuds that come in a Pokéball charging case. Us Americans aren't Asian enough to appreciate them, apparently, as they are only available in China.
- Astell&Kern introduced the new A&norma SR25, the successor to the highly regarded SR15. It's available in May for $699
- Topping's MQA version of the D90 DAC, which utilizes the latest AKM D/A chip, the AK4499, is available now for $799
- Hidisz introduced the AP80 Pro, a small-sized DAP priced at only $149
- IFA 2020, scheduled for September 4-9 in Berlin, will be happening online this year in some fashion as the Berlin government banned all events with more than 5000 people until October.
Did I miss something? Please let me know and I will update this article!