In this weekly series, we round up the headlines from the world of headphones and portable audio.
- Japanese company Oriolus announce their flagship IEM, the Traillii JP. Named after the maroon oriole, it features a whopping 12 drivers per side including 4 latest-gen Sonion electrostatic drivers and 8 balanced armature drivers. Also whopping is the price: $6,000. Read more.
- JH Audio announces the JIMI AION, a limited edition (200 units) IEM with their new upgraded universal fit housing. It's available now for $1,299.
- Shozy releases the triple-driver (1x dynamic, 2x BA) Rouge. Priced at $168, it looks like a whole lotta bang for the buck. Read more.
- Xiaomi tweeted that they are launching the Mi True Wireless Earphones 2 Basic on July 15, which appears to have a smaller charging case (possibly among other minor changes).
- Audeze has been teasing a new gaming headphone that should be unveiled on Wednesday.
- OnePlus Buds will be the company's first true wireless earphones and should be fully unveiled at the OnePlus Nord phone launch on the 21st. Read more.
- Japan-based K2Craft have a couple IEMs slated for release later this year, including this prototype which has a sapphire-looking gem embedded in the housing. Awesome.
- Google's Pixel Buds 2 are now available in the UK. Read more.
- Moving over to DACs/Amps, we have the new Aune S8. Powered by the ESS9038 Pro DAC chip, it is a flagship-level desktop DAC system priced at $998.99. Read more.
- Topping releases a new compact budget DAC. the D10s. It is the follow-up to the D10 utilizing a new chip, the ESS ES9038QM which is used in a dual configuration in the more expensive D50s. Priced at only $99 and available in black or white, it looks to be a great value. Read more.
That's all for this week! To receive these as an e-mail (if you aren't already) you can sign up here.
Just a heads up, I'm working on adding a News section to the main site so keep your eyes peeled for that. In addition to this once a week roundup, you'll be able to access the news on demand and upvote your favorite news stories of the week.